Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Break!

So I made it!  This day seemed so far away, and it is finally here.  Just a reminder of how close Evie's due date is approaching.

Bed rest went ok, I could have probably taken it a little easier (but you all try moving and finishing the school year sitting on a couch/bed all day!  Bet you it would NEVER happen).  The move went well and I really did not life much at all.  Keith is amazing and we have already unpacked all of the boxes.  Our plan this weekend is to get the pictures hung, clean up a bit, and work on Evie's room.  I also need to pack our bags for the hospital...can't believe I am saying that!

This week we had another check up (CERVIX TALK WARNING!) and it seems I have progressed even further.  I hope this means that this little girl is ready to meet us soon!  I know that my body feels ready.  The doctor said that I am now dilated to 2cm, 90% effaced, and her head is at a -1 (last week I was hardly dilated, 0-50% effaced, and head was at a -2) so clearly I have made progress.  Her instructions were to kinda take it easy this week, but next Thursday I will be 37 weeks and she will be officially "fully baked" however, she said that if she made an appearance this week that would be ok too!  Oh and did I mention that she could feel my bag of water and there is so much tension on right now that it is bulging a bit!?!!  She said it is likely that it will break and put me into labor...guess we will see!

I think you all know, but just in case you don't, the start of summer break for us means a change of scenery.  The last two years we have been living at the beach!  First in Oxnard and this year Ventura.  It has been fun and such a great adventure for us.  We have made some life-long friends and find it bittersweet to leave.  However, we are truly excited to be going back home to Tehachapi to raise our family and be close to ours.  I think our families are excited to have us back too!

Leaving an area means leaving jobs and finding new ones.  We are both on the job hunt right now.  Keith had the option of staying with Dreyer's Ice Cream, however, frankly, the guy is tired of getting up at 3:00 AM and working in a freezer all day.  He wants to actually do something with the degree he worked so hard to get.  He has applied to a few positions and a temp agency.  Right now we are optimistic that something will come up soon and he can leave retail permanently.  I am really proud of him and I am faithful that God will show us just the right path.  I have found quite a few open teaching positions for the fall and actually had an interview last week that seemed to go well.  I have another interview on Monday, which is quite exciting as well.

So, summer break brings reason to celebrate!  We are excited for this new adventure--new baby, new home, new city, new jobs.  Keep us in your prayers as we make this HUGE transition and HAPPY SUMMER VACATION to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. See?! Your mother's instinct was kicking in before you even knew it...(you'll have lots of time to practice trusting that instinct!!) you were ready- and apparently so was Evie :) :) Love all 3 of you sooo much!!!! xoxxo Netanya

    ReplyDelete