Wednesday, January 19, 2011

16 Weeks...

Tomorrow is 16 weeks!  It's pretty exciting how fast things go.  I think because you look at life on a weekly basis, it seems to fly by.  

Apparently the baby is about the size of an avocado (4 1/2 inches).  Now that doesn't seem very big, but my belly is poking out quite a bit!  In fact, yesterday in class a little boy says, "You sure are getting fat."  I smiled and went to get something from my desk and then sat back down.  He goes on to say, "It actually isn't so bad when you stand up."  Put a smile on my face. :)  But my belly truly is just a "little" bump.


Just because someday I could possibly write a book of the funny things kindergarteners say, I thought I would share another conversation I had with a five-year-old this week.  
Little boy: You know your baby is going to get bigger and bigger and then one day it will grow up. 
Me: I don't want my baby to grow up.  I want it to stay my baby forever.
Little boy: Don't you want to see it get married?
Me: No...actually I don't.  I just want it to be my baby.
Little boy: Mrs. Butler...God isn't going to let you get away with that.
Me: No you are probably right...haha.

The fun thing is every day they come in asking, "How big is your belly now?"  And so I proudly stick it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment