Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Trying" for a Baby: Part 2

So I last left you with Keith telling me that he would like to "move up the date."  Now he doesn't admit this now, and I am one to get excited, but I'm pretty sure what he was saying is, "I'm ready to be a dad now."  And if that wasn't what he was saying, well that is how I took it.

The happy couple just a few months after making this HUGE decision!

I was on cloud nine.  At first I wanted to keep it a secret.  Then I wanted to
SHOUT IT FROM THE MOUNTAINS!!!  Keith let me do what I wanted, so I told our parents, our close friends, and my siblings.  Everyone was so excited that we were ready to be parents.  You would have thought that I already had a bun in the oven.

I soon learned that this was one of the biggest mistakes I could make. 

See what we didn't know as love-struck, unexperienced triers, is that sometimes, "not preventing" pregnancy does not mean that you get pregnant.  And before you know it, "not preventing" seems to turn into "actively trying" and then that seems to turn into "miserably failing."  And when people would ask, I had to say, "Not yet..."

Fast forward almost nine months and: Negative test after negative test. A basket case wife.  An expensive fertility monitor. Temping. Charting. Praying. STRESSING!!!

Wanting a baby was RULING my life and making me CrAZy.  


But grace was on it's way...

No comments:

Post a Comment