Saturday, January 29, 2011

A "Protruding" Fear

I'm just over seventeen weeks and I am truly enjoying pregnancy.  I try my best to not think about the painful process that will result in my little bundle of joy...seeing as how I probably have five more months.  So I blissfully take in each day and try my best to enjoy it and my growing belly.

Being pregnant does insure one thing...that people genuinely care how you are feeling.  On a typical day at work (being a teacher I am around different people everyday) I am asked
HOW ARE YOU FEELING?
probably 5-6 times.  Before pregnancy people only cared after you had missed a day of work or gone home sick.  People ask all the time.  It's very sweet.  I always respond the same way...
I FEEL GREAT...
because I do!  I feel amazing.

Pregnancy has many perks.  The first of course is that wonderful sensation of feeling your baby move for the first time.  I've only felt it a couple of times (at least I'm almost positive that is what I was feeling :) But it is such a high.  Glowing skin is another great perk!  After dealing with ACNE the whole time I was trying to conceive, pregnancy has been the best zit cream I have ever applied.  I just feel like I have a glow.


However, while I love my new skin and my growing belly, those lingering fears of horrible pregnancy side effects still hovers over me.  Actually one of my worse is what I call a "protruding" fear and it will soon be coming true.  This week I was resting my hand on my belly, when I noticed that my once tightly hid inny-belly button, no longer feels so "tight."  It also no longer feels so "in" as it did a week ago.  I know what you are thinking, "Jami how can you be so vain!  It happens to a lot of pregnant women.  It goes back..." But for some reason an "outy" on me, grosses me out.  I don't know why.  However, I do know that I will be getting over that fear very soon...


I give it another month and I will have a "protruding" belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment