Sunday, February 6, 2011

The First Trimester: A Quick Summary

After our BFP (as many pregnant women would refer to it: BIG FAT POSTIVE) bliss was one way to describe me.  Once again my big mouth let EVERYONE know.  We were just going to tell close family and friends, but I was soon telling my friends at work and extended family as well.  Everyone was so excited they could hardly contain it as well.  I did however manage to make it to the second trimester before I told my class.



The thing I remember most about my first trimester was the EXHAUSTION!  I was soooo tired every day.  That is why I stopped running mostly.  I could hardly keep up with my day to day, but to add exercise on top of it seemed impossible.

Around week 6 I started to get sick...ALL DAY.  Week 7 I bought Sea Bands, and didn't take them off unless I was showering.  I truly believe they worked.  Wearing them, I only had a few episodes of morning sickness (that would come in the evening) where as before I had it all day, everyday! 

At 7 1/2 weeks we went for our first ultrasound and saw our little bean.  So tiny.  Fluttering away and a strong heart beat of 170 bpm!!  We left so happy and a little in shock.



At 12 1/2 weeks we heard the heart beat again.  My sister Megan got to come along.  It is the best feeling.  Kinda one of joy and relief. 

It's funny looking back now.  With how long it took to get to this point, and now that we are here...IT IS GOING SO FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment