Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Trying" for a Baby: Part 3 (The Happy Ending!)

Over the summer I was at church one day and I realized that God was speaking to me.  I opened up my heart and listened.  He said (well this is how I interpreted it) "Jami...take a breath.  You will be a mother in time, but I have plans for you still."

All year I had been praying for patience.  I prayed so hard for God to give me patience.  And what I learned was that he doesn't just give you patience, but he teaches it to you.  He doesn't just give you patience, but he gives you oppurtunities to try out your patience.



God showed me some areas of my life where I could grow.  And I also decided that there were things I wanted to do myself.  So I set some goals!

The best thing I did for myself was starting to work out.  Keith and I signed up for a 5k in November and I made us a training schedule.  In September I began working out almost everyday after work.  We would run 2 miles three times a week, and then ride our bikes and lift weights.  I was feeling great.  The best part was that I didn't feel crazy anymore.  I was enjoying my life and this new found love with my husband.

As our race was approaching, I was getting excited.  I just wanted to finish in under 45 minutes.  But about a week and a half before the race, I was LATE...I was actually a week late.  So on Wednesday, October 27, I took a pregnancy test and.....



IT WAS POSITIVE!!  So in disbelief we took a few more!  And so we began the 9 month journey.




P.S. I did run my race!  I finished in 24 minutes and ran the whole 3.1 miles.  I was so proud of myself and the hard work I put into it.  We even got medals! 



I have only ran once since...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment