Friday, February 25, 2011

A Not-So-Pink Nursery for Evie

Anyone who knows me could probably tell you that I am not a "pink" lady.  I have no problem with the color, I think it is quite pretty, but I don't know if it has ever been my favorite color.  When I was younger I know it was purple, then around fourth grade I changed it to blue, and since high school my favorite color has been green.  I LOVE green.  Look at my wedding, my classroom, my closet and you will find green all around.

Now I know that in having a little girl, pink is inevitable, which Keith and I have accepted and embraced.  We are ready to dress Evie in the girliest of girlie colors almost everyday.  However, we have decided that her nursery will be a different story.

I had found a few different prints that I loved, but when I saw this, I knew it was for my girl.  I will get the whole bedding set, but I plan to accent the room with other details, rather than this line.  I found a cute cherry blossom lamp at Ikea and I have different ideas for the walls all together.  I'm still shopping and looking around.


In this picture there is still a lot of pink, but I mostly love the cherry blossoms with the red, pink, and green.  My plan as of now is to do a green accent wall behind the crib with the tree decal below.  The tree will be brown and the flowers will be pink and red.


Still very girlie, but a little more earthy, which works well for me.  I think it will be really cute when it is all done.  We also made a selection on our crib.  I think it is perfect for the room I have in my head.

I can't wait to get to work on it.  Too bad we still have a little while before that happens, but planning is definitely fun.  I'm now searching for pictures and a chair.  We will see what comes up.




5 comments:

  1. This is cute :)

    When I find out if I'm having another girl, I want to do her room exactly like this except for the pink walls.

    I love how you were going to change everything to your liking and I'm sure your daughter will enjoy all the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you still able to find this bedding? I have looked everywhere and can't find it and of course now I have my heart set on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we ordered it (over a year ago) it was being discontinued. I found it online at babymall.com. I just checked and it looks like they only have some accessories left :( such a bummer. Try eBay and if not there, maybe you could find something like it on Etsy. Congrats on your baby girl, you are going to have so much fun!!

      Delete
    2. Sorry to bother you, but did you find the bumper somewhere? I can find most of the other pieces but am missing the bummer. If you found it, please let me know where. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. My mother in law bought the whole 10-piece set from babymall.com. So I don't think that will be much help to you :( sorry

      Delete